Free EA Catcher Fx EA eng

Тема в разделе "FREE EA ARGOLab_eng", создана пользователем Dmitri, 5 Сентябрь 2014.

1. husar2003

husar2003 Интересующийся - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I think the decision should be made by account holder. I saw a couple of trades mear TP then falling back and SL. A SL near entry point when reaching TP minus x PIPS would be a great feature. I stopoped CAtcher because it behaves the way to miss gently the TP and goes to SL afterwards :(

2. loopsider

loopsider Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    As I said, traling stop does not increase the profitability of this EA. You may re-optimize EA for earlier exits and smaller takeprofits.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri Бывалый Команда форума Администратор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Updated version of Catcher Fx EA, ver. 2.4, with an extended money management.
    New in ver. 2.4:

1. Martingale: When TRUE, a martingale money management is activated. There are 3 martingales schemes:

MartingaleMode = Plain: after each loss trade, the lot of the next order is increased by LotMult. After any profitable trade, the lot of the next order is switched back to the starting value.
    MartingaleMode = RecoverProfit: after a loss, the lot of the next order is increased by LotMult, until the total profit of the series of trades becomes positive.
    MartingaleMode = RecoverPips: after a loss, the lot of the next order is increased by LotMult, until the total profit IN POINTS of the series of trades becomes positive. VERY DANGEROUS!

2. RecoveryMode: When TRUE, the recovery mode is on. In this mode, after a loss, the lot size will be increased by LotMult ONLY ONCE. EA will trade with the same increased lot until the total profit of the series of trades becomes positive.

Download Catcher Fx EA, ver. 2.4 : Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

4. James Robertson

James Robertson Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Hi
    I am using Catcher 2.4 using the standard kr1 set files on all available pairs.
    A few questions:
    1. I have not had any trades for a few weeks - anyone else the same?
    2. I thought the myfxbook monitoring a/c mt4-4977 had the same problem, but it hasn't been updated since 3 April?
    3. Tonight I see that the EA says "this EA is expired, please contact Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок". Can you help?
    Thanks

Dmitri нравится это.
  5. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Use this EA version.
    I had trades on 20, 27 April, but I am using custom settings.

Вложения:

James Robertson нравится это.
  6. Dmitri

Dmitri Бывалый Команда форума Администратор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Download Catcher Fx v2.4.2: Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

7. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Thanks. I have given this some more thought and now think that the issue lies with the broker. I was using Alpari UK until they went bust and Catcher was profitable. Since then I have been using FXCC and there were a few trades early on, but mostly losing and recently no trades.

The losing trades I think were because the spreads were too wide (sometimes wider than the gap), although I don't know why there are now no trades - there are no failed trades in the journal and so it is like the EA is deciding not to trade rather than attempting to and failing. I am using a spread monitoring indicator and while spreads are quite wide immediately after open, they are often less than the max spread of 100. I think FXCC takes 5 minutes or more to open trading on all pairs.

Questions:-
    1. does the EA know when the market is open, ie that the broker will accept orders, without sending one?
    2. is there a maximum time period for the EA to place it's first trade?
    3. Can anyone recommend a broker for opening quickly with relatively tight spreads?

Thanks!

Dmitri и loopsider нравится это.
  8. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    1. EA starts trading when a new week starts and a gap is present. When the price feed starts, EA starts sending orders.
    EA does not seem to work well with brokers that open on Sunday (because of time shift).
    When the week starts, EA writes in the logs (Expert tab) the information about the gap and if the gap is good enough to trade.
    2. While the entry conditions are fulfilled (gape is not closed), EA will try to send an order for 3 hours after new week was detected.
    3. There are no tight spreads on Monday morning, unfortunately. But Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок seems to be not a bad choice.

What happened after they went down? Did users get their money back?

9. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Thanks!
    So there's no information in the experts tab about the gaps, in fact nothing at all after initializing after I restarted the vps on Sunday morning.
    The broker uses GMT+3 - the first candle of the week has a time stamp of 00:00, although the times in the journal and experts tabs show GMT+1, so two hours earlier.

No funds out of Alpari yet - 51% of client money due to be paid out within a month. Personally, I've assigned my claim to the FSCS, so will receive 100% and hopefully much sooner than direct from Alpari.

loopsider нравится это.
  10. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    If you restarted VPS on Sunday, for EA there were no "previous week", so it cannot detect the change of the week.

11. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Ah. The vps provider recommends restarting at the weekend. I guess I assumed it would load X number of bars in the chart and the EA would read the loaded history.
    I didn't restart the previous weekend.

I won't restart this weekend and I'll pay attention to the expert tab to see what happens. Thanks

12. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Ok, so didn't restart the VPS, and as if by magic, 7 Catcher trades ! Thanks for the help.
    In addition, I opened a demo account at ICM to compare - also 7 trades, but very different. ICM started trading at 00:03 and FXCC started at 00:05. I had thought being quicker to open trading would be better for this EA, but in the end the FXCC live a/c lost -1% and the ICM demo account 'lost' -2%. It might be random, ICM spreads do look slightly tighter, I'll keep them both running for a while to see.

13. Peter Matthews

Peter Matthews Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I am using Catcher Fx 2.4.2 and on 01/05/2015 it stopped trading ever since my Broker decided to add the extension .pro to their currency symbols. I cannot see where I can add this extension in the EA. Up until this time Catcher has been trading quite profitably . Are you able to help me with this issue.
    Thanks
    Peter

14. Peter Matthews

Peter Matthews Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    In regard to my first message the Broker was Axitrader however running the same version (2.4.2) on ICM since 02/03/2015 I have now noticed that no trades have been taken since the 31/03/2015. Was there a time limit on the use of this EA because up until that time the EA was performing extremely well?

15. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    2.4.2 version should not be expired.
    If EA expires, it says so in the information panel.
    There should be no issue with trading pairs with prefixes/suffixes.

16. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Hi guys
    Can you explain the behaviour of TPfactMax & TPfactMin? In my back tests they generally seem to favour a lower TPfactMin, but TPfactMax doesnt seem to matter too much.
    Also, sometimes optimisation suggests a TPfactMin that is higher than TPfactMax. In this case, are they reversed and the EA uses the lower as Min and the higher as Max?
    Thanks,
    James

17. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    TPfactMax & TPfactMin are takeprofits in units of the gape size. TPfix is takeprofit in points. EA chooses TP between TPfix, TPfactMax, TPfactMin. The resulting takeprofit will be >= TPfactMin and <= TPfactMax.

James Robertson нравится это.
  18. James Robertson

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    thank you -very useful
    Can you tell me what units MinDepth_Exit is measured in?

19. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    It is dimensionless. A parameter of the exit signal.

Поделиться этой страницей

translate