Fx Splitter

Тема в разделе "FX Splitter EA_eng", создана пользователем Dmitri, 7 Декабрь 2013.

1. Aizen

Aizen Интересующийся - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Thanks, that explains a lot. I guess that next time slot is dependent on that too.

2. fnag

fnag Интересующийся - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Hi Bellduke/Dmitri,

First of all> I'd like t say this is a very good EA which also allows very experienced traders to make their own special use of the EA ;)

As a very experienced manual trader, I will use my own Splitter EA settings (because using recommended settings are still based on the past, is always too late... that is 'curve fitting', so I don't use backtested/optimised settings based on the past , sorry...but it is still the best for non-experienced traders), I would therefore like some more detailed info about the following parameters (see below), to make informed decisions on the settings of the following parameters mentioned below>

Therefore I have 4 questions, as it is not explained anywhere on the English forum, nor in the manual. I understand all parameters except>>

Under Logic>
    Question 1. PeriodMA and Treshold > what do they mean and what do they do and what is their relation to each other? Is period MA the period of a moving average? If so, what is the difference with the MA below under Period TrendMA?

Under Trend parameters> same question
    Question 2. What is Trendtype 1 and 2. I'd like to know the exact difference to make informed decisions when swiching on and off .
    Question 3. Trendperiod and Trendlevel
    Question 4. PeriodTrend MA... is that the Moving Average used to determine trend? But what is the difference with PeriodMA under Question 1 then? This is very important for me to understand> MA values 20 and 50 are very good for short term trends whilst 240 is very good for longer term trends... so.... big difference, depending on how the parameters are used.

Therefore, I would like to know more about the above. If you have it explained somewhere in Russian on the forum, can you point me to the Russian thread please? I will then use the translator tool.

Sry to ask these details, I understand they are a little bit 'internal kitchen' of argolab, but I can only make informed decisions on using the Splitter with my own settings if I know every impact of every parameter.

Many thanks in advance and like I said, I will share my findings and show the live account later if anyone is interested.

fnag

Сергей Иванов нравится это.
  3. loopsider

loopsider Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I am afraid I won't be able to explain exactly what EA is doing - there are too many parameters. But I will try to explain the main logic behind it.
    The idea of the Trend section is to adjust the trading logic of EA when we see that the market is trending - therefore, dangerous.
    How to adjust? Use different parameters when in trend. In particular, use different MA period (PeriodTrend MA instead of PeriodMA), make larger time intervals between trades (MinTimeFact), make larger spacing (MinDistFact).
    How does EA understand that market is "dangerous"? There are two options - first, indicators (we use ADX - TrendPeriod, TrendLevel) and, second, the number of open orders (NLevelsTrend). When TrendType = 1, we require both these conditions; with TrendType = 2, only one condition (any of the two) is required.

fnag и Dmitri нравится это.
  4. fnag

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Yes, I fully understand that, thanks. That is a very good feature, that is why I want to make the best use it, but I need to have an idea what values to put into these parameters I mentoned. Right now, I have no idea, except what Moving Average to pick. All other parameters I fully understand and know the 'power' and effect of these variable input.

Yes, thanks. Are you saying, when we are trending, Valuefor PeriodMA can be set to 0 and we can then only use PeriodtrendMA?

So, if the market is trending, we can put in a typical MA value, say 20, 50 for quick responsive trends, in the PeriodTrendMA parameter field, under Trend Section. BUT what values should then be put in PeriodMA , in the LOGIC if we are in trend? If I don't know what the difference is with PeriodTrendMA, I can put values in between 0 and infinity... in PeriodMA??? So I need to have some idea... use the same MA value in both??

Example, I am now using>
    Default PeriodMA is 10, and Treshold 5 ... (whatever that means) but I use PeriodtrendMA 20 when we are trending.

Sorry to drill down into this, but you have a very powerful EA, and I like it, so I want to use its full functionality. I just can do better then using fixed presets, because presets are always reactive, NEVER proactive... As an experienced discretionary trader, I want to adjust my EA settings to the prevailing market regime.

Yes, this I understand and is self-explanatory, I am already using this. Thanks, No further explanation needed here..

Ah, ok, this is helpful, thanks. So Trendperiod - value to input refers to how many hourly bars looking back ... can be between 10 and 20 as an example, but can also be the same value as the PeriodTrendMA. Trendlevel Treshold is then the ADX value (so any value between 0 and 100) that we put in manually to tell the EA when we consider a trend strong enough. If this is correct, then this doesn't need any further explanation either here , thanks.

5. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    The only way to find them is backtesting. You can also do visual backtesting of "interesting" periods to see what the influence of parameters are.

Once more: when in Trend, PeriodMA is NOT used.

TrendPeriod is period of ADX, TrendLevel is level of ADX.

Threshold is an unimportant parameter, it hardly influences the trading, leave it default.

fnag нравится это.
  6. fnag

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Many thanks loopsider, I appreciate a lot your clarifications. All is clear now. Thanks.

loopsider нравится это.
  7. djroj2001

djroj2001 Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Hi,

Are there any new settings files for FX Splitter? I see the last settings are from December 2017.

Thanks

8. bellduke

bellduke Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
  9. Aizen

Aizen Интересующийся - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Can fxSplitter continue operating correctly if I close last order manually or middle from basket? At some times when splitter opens many orders against trend, I want to reduce risk by closing some orders, but I want that EA continue to open orders and close basket at break even.

Последнее редактирование: 27 Июль 2017
  10. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Closing orders manually interfers with the trading logic, not very significantly. If you have a large basket, you can close some orders manually, EA will continue trading.

Aizen нравится это.
  11. bellduke

bellduke Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    W15

Вложения:

• Kit-1 (W15).rar
      Размер файла:
      325,6 КБ
      Просмотров:
    loopsider нравится это.
  12. fnag

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Hi Bellduke, Loopsider,

I upgraded to the professional version with ''account name'' several months ago, everything is working very very well and very stable (with my own settings).

Just a small question: When I upgraded, I received a new EA from you (6.1.0 acc name). But not a new .dll file for the library. I still use the old 6.0.4p dll file. Is this ok? ( I am going to put more money on this Splitter strategy so I want to make absolutely sure that the program will not have problems. )

Many thanks
    fnag

loopsider нравится это.
  13. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Account name version of EA does not need any dlls. That is why it is so much faster in backtesting.

fnag нравится это.
  14. fnag

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Ok many thanks for your quick reply.

loopsider нравится это.

Поделиться этой страницей

translate