Questions from users

Тема в разделе "Forex Warrior EA_eng", создана пользователем martinsta, 16 Декабрь 2013.

1. martinsta

martinsta Интересующийся - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    "Q: Which timeframe should I use?
    A:
    The results of the trading with Forex Warrior does not depend on the timeframe. It is convenient to attach it to the H1 timeframe."

I was on a forex forum and some one wrote: "When I'm at my desk I trade the 5M charts and when I'm away form my desk I switch back to H1." That actions where based on the idea of getting more trades.
    When I understand the Q&A this strategy makes no sense.
    Correct?

2. loopsider

loopsider Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    You are right. No sense whatsoever. The number of trades on M5 and H1 will be the same with Forex Warrior.

3. gokhan bal

gokhan bal Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Hi
    I'm trading on pepperstone.İt is Razor account.I earn %60 last month with using FW on 15 different charts. I close all trades on friday night.or the second week friday night I m new and wondering that is the right way to use FW.Or should I use any other way?

KROOL1980 нравится это.
  4. KROOL1980

KROOL1980 Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    If you do make a profit, why not.
    EA is just a tool.

5. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Trading in this way is risky. I hope you know what you are doing. The recommended money managment is described Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок. If you follow it, it will be about 10% monthly.

6. gokhan bal

gokhan bal Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    should I use 1 chart (example gbpusd) for 1 account (example 5000$) and won't stop it on fridays. am I understood right?

7. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Use starting lot 0.01 for each 10000$ on your account for one currency pair.
    If you have less than 10000$, use a cent account. Then you can use 0.01 cent lot for each 10000 cents (=100$).
    You can switch EA off during week-ends, but it is not neccessary.

8. gokhan bal

gokhan bal Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    emergency question:
    Should I stop trading with FW before 21 :00 ?

9. gokhan bal

gokhan bal Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
  10. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Today we have 18th December and chances for volatile market today.
    It might be a good idea to stop EA until the next year now, in order not to keep orders over Xmas and New Year.
    If your baskets are around zero profit now, I would recommend to close all trades.

gokhan bal нравится это.
  11. KING

KING Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    very good. please provde advise when conditions are bad. a suggestion for later version: functonality which detects when condtions are too dangerous to trade ie safe trading flag , volatiltiy indicator. Maybe you can send a signal to the EA to automatically stop trading based on your expert analysis like some ea's have already done. Please provide your thoughts on sending signal functionality to cater for dangerous events like expected bad news and events like Japanese bank buying yen , could wipe us all

12. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Really bad news are those that come unexpected. Also, if you already see a high volatility this means that it is too late to try to stop EA. So, I do not think that any authomatic stopping signal service will do much good. In this year, we stopped some of our EAs only once, before highly anticipated QE3 news in September. For XMas and New Year, most people also stop EAs. In the present case, 18th December is about the time you would stop your EA anyhow if you wish to close all baskets before XMas. Note that you need some time to shutdown EA properly, and it is not clear in advance how much time one will need for this.

13. ttk

ttk Интересующийся Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    FW,
    I read trough the manual and need some advise. In what situation show I use
    1. Close BE_Sell or Buy
    2. Close BE_AutoLevel

Is there a BE feature that will move the BE to each basket level once it is set. Example if I set Breakeven for the basket = Level 9,
    the BE is automatically active at eevry increasing level.
    I read through Donna Forex site and there was mentioned that in September 2013 there was QE activities and FW manually intervened this EA.
    May I know what did FW did at that time.

TTK

14. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    1. Close BE_Sell or Buy will close the CURRENT basket in BE +- given number number of pips. If you forget to remove this flag, it will close EACH basket in BE, as long as flag is set.
    2. Close BE_AutoLevel will close in BE +- pips the baskets that have >= Close BE_AutoLevel levels.

This was ages ago. There are many possible ways to help EA trade, but all of them require experience. For "normal" users, we recommend do not interfere with EAs trading.

15. ttk

ttk Интересующийся Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Hi,
    It is September again. Observing how EURUSD and GBPUSD september can be view as risky month. I was on demo account with warrior and plan to trade live in middle of September but for not reason my demo account stop functioning on wednesday. I have two question
    1. How is Warriors behaving this week.
    2. If I'm trading live with all default setting 3 months later I like to reduce the risk which paramater should I use to reduce the risk.

16. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Such market is always difficult for grids. But mostly OK
    Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

LotSize.

17. myan

myan Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I've had a read through the user manual and have the following questions to clear up regarding some parameters:
    1. MaxDD: the manual states "the current currency pair and magic number exceeds MaxDD, all market orders are closed...". Just to clarify, all market orders here refer to all market orders of the current currency pair and magic number right?
    2. StopLossPips: since the manual states that "StopLoss levels of the orders can be dynamically adjusted by the BasketStopLoss feature", does this mean if BasketStopLess is enabled, it will have priority over StopLossPips in closing positions? For determining stop loss for a basket, when both BasketStopLoss and StopLossPips are enabled, does the EA only look at BasketStopLoss to liquidate the basket or will it also use StopLossPips to liquidate individual levels? How does the two affect each other?
    3. TPTrShiftPips and TPCtrShiftPips: Imagine the following settings: TPShiftPips = 0, TakeProfitPips = 5, MinLevelTPShift = 1, TPCtrShiftPips = -5, if the current trend is UP, does this mean that the first level SELL order will have TakeProfit 5 - 5 = 0 pips, the second level will have 5 - 10 = -5 pips, and so on? If so, does this mean that later level counter-trend trades are more likely to be closed by TakeProfit?
    Lastly, on the technical side, does the EA know to reattach open positions on a config change / MT4 terminal restart / operating system restart (may due to various reasons such as a power or network outage)?

Thanks,
    Max

loopsider нравится это.
  18. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Yes

If BasketStopLoss is enabled, EA will close the whole basket as soon as the BasketStopLoss is reached. The stoplosses of individual orders are not modified.

The resulting takeprofit should be always positive, otherwise EA won't work properly.

Yes.

Dmitri нравится это.
  19. myan

myan Новичок

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Thanks loopsider for the reply. I've been running FW on a Demo account for a while now and results look quite promising. I've decided to dig into the actual orders it sent to understand it a bit more. To start with, I looked into the most profitable trade in GBPUSD pair so far and noticed something immediately interesting (please refer to my attached spreadsheet): there was one single trade for 0.28 lot. I thought this size was something quite big given my settings (i.e. base lot of 0.01). After some investigation, I noticed something I could not explain.

My definition of a basket of orders
    The rows highlighted are those I believe belonged to the same basket, for the following four reasons:
    1. The first order (i.e. 19326948) was entered at "2014-10-02 06:06:50", which was after liquidating the immediately prior BUY order at "2014-10-02 06:06:49";
    2. The last order (i.e. 19383717) was liquidated at "2014-10-06 20:06:26", which was before opening the next BUY order;
    3. The price difference between the first order (19326948) and its preceding order, or the price difference between the last order (19383717) and its next order, were both negative, unlikely to be succeeding orders of the previous ones;
    4. The price differences between orders in the highlighted area are roughly my GridStepPips, which was set to 29;
    Something a little strange
    If my interpretation of the basket is correct, then there are a few things I cannot quite explain (I used the FW_GbpUsd_set1.set provided by ForexWarrior, see also attached, the only change I made was setting AutoMM to TRUE):
    1. Order price of order 19383717: I calculated the difference between current order price and its previous order price in the basket (i.e. column G), every order was entered at expected grid step (i.e. GridStepPips = 29, MinLevelGridShift = 6, GridShiftPips = 1), except for this one. Why did FW entered an order almost 98 Pips away from its previous order in the basket?
    2. Volumes of the orders seems a little strange. I calculated the ratio of the current order size and its preceding order size in that basket (i.e. column H), noticed the following: the first few ratios were neither 1.85 (which was the LotMult), nor 1.66 (which was LotMult2). Could this be a result of rounding? How did FW work out the size 0.01 - 0.01 - 0.01 - 0.03 - 0.06? One way I could visualize it was 0.01 - 0.01 (???) - roundDown(0.01*1.85) - roundDown(0.01*1.85*1.85) - roundDown(0.01*1.85*1.85*1.85), and from there since it becomes the 6th level, the multiplier 1.66 kicked in. However, still confused about the second 0.01 (highlighted text).
    3. Take profit levels: it appeared as if the basket was liquidated at approximately 80 pips profit from the last order (i.e. 19383717). I checked through my settings (TakeProfitPips = 43, TPShiftPips = 2, TPTrShiftPips = 1, TPCtrShiftPips = 0, MinLevelTPShift = 4) and am not sure how this take profit level was calculated, nor could I find any other setting in the manual that relates to modifying T/P levels for baskets. Shed some lights?
    4. I also noticed there was a setting NoStopsAfterLevel and it was set to 7. I figured this probably explained why the 8th order in the basket (i.e. 19383717) did not have a S/L price. Any particular reason for having / using this setting? Seems a bit dangerous not to have any stop loss, especially when the market is trending, from my perspective.

Thanks a lot!
    Max

Вложения:

20. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Do not know. Most probably, connection with server was absent for some time. Or a large gape.

Lot of the second level is always the same as the first one. Lot multiplication starts with 3rd level.

Basket structure was broken. GapeProtect corrected takeprofit in order to close basket in profit.

Stoplosses of individual orders do not make your trading safer. To fix the losses, one need to close all orders, which can be done by BasketStopLoss, or MaxDD/MaxDDPerCent.

Поделиться этой страницей

translate