Resolving locked positions with StrikeFx

Тема в разделе "StrikeFx_eng", создана пользователем jimmy, 2 Ноябрь 2016.

1. jimmy

jimmy Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Say we have a locked trade position.
    We use StrikeFx Accname to resolve the original and locked positions
    We use 2 charts 1 AverageAnyMagic BUY and 1 AverageAnyMagic Sell
    We set the lock parameter to 20% on both
    Unfortunately the position goes against us and the BUY Lock is triggered
    If we use the same magic number is both charts then both the buy and the sell become locked. Same Lock magic.
    If we use a different magic for the Sell chart EA then when the BUY Lock is triggered the Sell EA includes the New SELL Locking trade (AverageAnyMagic) and this can be enough to close the sell position.
    At this point the BUY EA will create a new lock because its Lock has been closed and the SELL EA will use this as a new trade and set a TP on it.
    If the Terminal is unattended then this will go on and on
    I can not see a way round this other than having both use the same magic #s Which sorta defeats the point of resolving Locked positions

Perhaps I should start a new English thread on this subject because translations from Russian are impossible to understand.
    I do not want to duplicate Belldukes stuff.

James Robertson, bellduke и Dmitri нравится это.
  2. loopsider

loopsider Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    A new, English thread is better :)

This EA can be used: 1) to place a lock when a prescribed DD is hit _OR_ 2) to resolve locked positions. It is not a good idea to do both at the same time.

If you have a locked position which resulted from StrikeFx locking its own DD, you need to change MagicLock. (In a way, AverageAnyMagic averages any Magic except MagicLock).

James Robertson нравится это.
  3. jimmy

jimmy Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Thanks for your reply Loopsider
    My point is that using separate EAs Buy and Sell on different charts, as recommended, then if one trade goes against you and builds up several trades in attempt to resolve one side of the LOCK then it reaches a point where it is necessary to set a lock in StrikeFx . At which time the other trade will use that Lock in its calculations and probably close it.

Последнее редактирование: 3 Ноябрь 2016
  4. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Exactly. So: do not use the lock setting option when you are trying to resolve an already locked position.

In order to set the maximal drawdown when resolving locks, you may use ArgoGuardian Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

5. jimmy

jimmy Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I use ArgoGuardian in preference to internal Locking on Argolab EAs, Its an excellent tool.
    However, no matter which method is used to Lock the trade ( internal StrikeFx or Guardian ) if we are using a Buy chart and a Sell Chart then the same problem will exist. AverageANYmagic
    We need to experiment with StrikeFxaccname. Using Default settings then the grid steps are close and the lot sizes are large resulting in a large DD pretty quickly.
    Hence the need to lock out the resolving trade.

James Robertson и bellduke нравится это.
  6. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    You are thinking about the least important issue.
    As a start, consider the task of resolving the locked DD of, say, 20-30% of your - (trial, demo!) - deposit. If you learn to do this with some probability, you might use the knowledge to resolve locked DD of 5-10% on a real account, closing everything at 30% DD if things go wrong. If you do not learn this, forget about locks altogether.

7. jimmy

jimmy Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Thanks Loopsider.
    I have been using ArgoAverager and ShowBE to resolve locked trades on ArgoLabs EAs ( Warrior, Splitter & TT)_for quite some time. Plus applying a portion of profits to both sides of a locked trade to reduce exposure. It takes sometime to compress between the high to the low and reduce the DD. It is subject to the usual emotional fear and greed when making decisions. I generally Lock at 10% using Guardian, 20-30% proved far too high for me.
    I am very interested in the use of StrikeFx to assist in resolving. I was just sharing my thoughts and experience from demo testing.
    If its not worthwhile then I'll stop.

loopsider нравится это.
  8. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    StrikeFx is only an instrument, which might be useful sometimes - or might be not - in resolving locked trades. Certainly, there is no universal solutions in resolving locks.

9. Enrique

Enrique Новичок - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Hello Jimmy

I am learning about the ArgoAverager, do you have like a methodology using ArgoAverager with locked positions??, for example, I supossed that in the case of Splitter you could wailt for the all basket positions to have profit, and the you solve the locked position with negative profit with the Argo Averager, something like that, Could you be nice to explain me how is your method, Thanks!!

Поделиться этой страницей

translate