TRICKY TWISTER EA

Тема в разделе "Tricky Twister EA_eng", создана пользователем Dmitri, 18 Декабрь 2013.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri Бывалый Команда форума Администратор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Tricky Twister Fx is a 2-in-1 EA that combines two complimentary strategies. One of them takes its profits when market is trending, whereas the second one takes profits when market is ranging. As a result, EA is capable of bringing continuous profit practically in all market conditions.

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

Platform: MetaTrader 4
    Year: 2013
    Current version: 6.0.4
    Producer: Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок
    License: commercial
    Category: martingale, trend-following and counter-trend
    Currency pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDCAD, AUDNZD, EURGBP, GBPCAD, USDCAD
    Timeframe: any (trading results do not depend on the timeframe); H1 is a convenient choice
    Trading time: 24/5
    Entries: first entry by market order, the following entries by pending orders
    Minimal deposit requirements:
    from 10,000$ for USD or EUR accounts with minimal lot 0.01
    from 1,00$ for USD cent or EUR cent accounts with minimal lot 0.1
    from 100$ for USD cent or EUR cent accounts with minimal lot 0.01
    Recommended brokers: Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок, Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок, Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок, Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок, Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок
    Official web-site: Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок

[​IMG]

Последнее редактирование: 14 Ноябрь 2014
  2. loopsider

loopsider Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    How to correctly set up the money management for Tricky Twister?

The first point to remember is that this EA has two different strategies, the first one, BreakOut and the second one, Range. The money management of these two strategies is completely independent. There are 2 options for setting the starting lot of these two strategies:

1. Fixed lot size (AutoMM = FALSE). In this case, the starting lot size of the 1st (BreakOut) strategy is given by LotSize_1; the starting lot size of the 2nd (Range) strategy is given by LotSize_2.

2. Automatic lot size (AutoMM = TRUE, recommended). In this case, you should adjust the variables AutoMMEquity_1 for the 1st strategy and AutoMMEquity_2 for the 2nd strategy, according to the number of currency pairs you wish to trade.
    The meaning of AutoMMEquity is the number of base currency units for which the LotSize lot should be applied. E.g., AutoMMEquity_1 = 10,000 and LotSize_1 = 0.02. This means that, for deposit of 10,000 the starting lot will be 0.02, whereas for deposit of 20,000 the starting lot will be 0.04.

In order to correctly set up AutoMMEquity_1 and AutoMMEquity_2, we need to know how many copies of EA will trade each strategy.

The present settings package of Tricky Twister is as follows:
    EURUSD: BreakOut + Range
    GBPUSD: BreakOut + Range
    EURGBP: Range
    AUDCAD: Range
    AUDNZD: Range
    GBPCAD: Range
    USDCAD: Range
    EURUSD: BreakOut Slave (Duo only)
    GBPUSD: BreakOut Slave (Duo only)

So, if we use all the settings in the package, there will be 4 copies of EA trading the 1st strategy and 7 copies of EA trading the 2nd strategy.

Recommendations for setting AutoMMEquity:
    5,000 * (the number of copies of EA trading this strategy), but not smaller than 15,000 (conservative variant) or 10,000 (aggressive variant)

So, if we use all the settings in the package, we will have to set AutoMMEquity_1 = 20,000 and AutoMMEquity_2 = 35,000 (or 30,000).

3. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Money management for brokers with non-standard lot size

Money management needs to be modified for some (very few) brokers who have a non-standard lot size. Most brokers have the standard lot size: 1 lot (contract) = 100,000 base currency units. So, for USD accounts 1 lot = 100,000 USD and for USD cent accounts 1 lot = 100,000 USD cents. However, some brokers (e.g., InstaForex) have the value of the lot ten times smaller, 1 lot = 10,000, and some others (XEMarkets micro account) even hundred times smaller, 1 lot = 1,000.

How to find out that my broker has a non-standard lot size? Check the price of 1 pip. Open a trade with 0.1 lot on EURUSD pair and look for the profit you get when the price moves by one 4-digit pip (= 0.0001). If your account has the standard lot size, the price of 1 pip will be 1$ (that is, one base currency unit).

How to modify AutoMMEquity for brokers with non-standard lot size?
    • If your broker has the lot size 10 times smaller than usual (e.g., InstaForex, 1 lot = 10,000), divide AutoMMEquity by 10.
    • If your broker has the lot size 100 times smaller than usual (e.g., XEMarkets, 1 lot = 1,000), divide AutoMMEquity by 100.

4. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Frequently asked questions

Q: I have a cent account and I see my 1000$ deposit as 100,000. Do I have to modify AutoMMEquity?
    A:
    If you see $1000 as 100,000, then the base currency unit of your deposit is USDC == USD cent. Everything is MT4 is expressed in base currency units, not in $ or EUR. So, you do not need to modify AutoMMEquity. Just use the procedure described inПожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь для просмотра ссылок.

Q: My deposit is 100,000 cents, AutoMMEquity = 20,000 and LotSize = 0.02. What will be the starting lot?
    A:
    Starting lot will be 0.02*100,000/20,000 = 0.1.

5. husar2003

husar2003 Знаток - ARGOLab.net -

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    MY advice : Run the Tricky Twister with 0.01 Lot on all pairs and strategies you want to run on. Looks for small wins, but you are able to run
    several pairs at the same time what summarizes to profit at lowered risk. I stopped running since
    The delivered TT setfiles with 0.02/10.000$ 0.05/10000$ fpr GBPUSD are suitable for normal conditions,
    in 2014 itt hit gently all stoplosses in January and February in a kind like deadly range tunnel :(
    The stressed or dangerous situation may occur once a month (without warning).

My backtest showed : no problem to survive on 2000$ account on 25.02.2014 when GBPUSD was bombing out some accounts.
    The sequence up to profit was : 0.01/0.01/0.02/0.04/0.08/0.14/0.23/0.36 8 LOSSES in sequence !
    0.57 was the final win, next position 0.9 LOT was prepared and finally without execution deleted.

I will run any martingale/grid expert advisor on 0.01 Lot only and combined with Scalpers with single positions on 2%.
    Scalpers will fill your account with money to give safety for grids, and the grids will fill the account to rise scalper positions.

loopsider нравится это.
  6. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    You are right saying that AutoMMEquity=10,000 settings might be too aggressive for the current market. At present, we recommend AutoMMEquity=15,000 as more conservative variant. We use it on our monitorings, too. For being safer, one may increase AutoMMEquity further.

Some risk of lot escalation is always present in martingale strategies and might lead to blowing up the deposit. A way out is the diversification. We recommend to trade martingale with several smaller deposits and use different strategies/different pairs/different settings on them.

Personally, I do not like to combine martingale and scalpers on the same account, as they are too different. If scalper earns money, it valuable and it is better to keep it on a separate account. If it does not earn money (which is the case for most of them), it is not worth to keep it at all.

7. bellduke

bellduke Бывалый Команда форума Модератор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Good news for users Tricky Twister EA!
    In late April, a new version with the ability to trade with a minimum deposit $1000 ore $2000.
    Sets are final testing on a real account.

8. Dmitri

Dmitri Бывалый Команда форума Администратор

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Я на Forex с:
    Dear User,

We are sending the updated version of the Expert Advisor Tricky Twister Duo, ver. 6.0.4 and 20 new preset settings for different pairs. This is an important update that opens new trading possibilities with this Expert Advisor.

So far we provided our users with two kinds of preset settings that corresponded to two different trading schemes. The first scheme included simultaneous trading of both strategies for the most liquid pairs, EURUSD and GBPUSD. The second scheme relied on trading only the Range strategy for the pairs that are known to stay within some price range for the most part of the time. Now we are introducing the third (Portfolio) trading scheme for Tricky Twister. This new scheme does not replace the previous two but extends the trading possibilities of the EA.

Portfolio trading scheme with Tricky Twister:

In Portfolio scheme, we trade simultaneously many (about ten) currency pairs. In order to avoid risk of correlated drawdown on many pairs, we introduce a control center that monitors the number of simultaneously traded pairs. If this number reaches the prescribed value (e.g., two), trading on other pairs will be blocked. In addition, the control center monitors the open drawdown on the account. If the open drawdown reaches the prescribed level (e.g., 10%), trading on other pairs will be blocked. Having introduced such control, we can increase the number of trading pairs without increasing the trading risks and the marginal load on the deposit.

We provide new settings for the Range strategy for ten currency pairs (AUDCAD, AUDNZD, EURCAD, EURGBP, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPUSD, NZDCAD, NZDUSD). For each currency pair, there are two kind of settings, the first one for the minimal deposit of $1000, and the second one for the minimal deposit of $2000. Of course, these settings can also be used for trading on larger deposits; EA will automatically recalculate the starting lot according the size of the deposit. For more information on different settings, refer to the file “Preset files ENG.pdf” in the distribution archive.

New settings:

MaxDD: Maximal open drawdown allowed for trading, in units of the base currency. If the total (both floating and closed) drawdown exceeds MaxDD, all market orders will be closed immediately, all pending orders deleted, and trading stopped. In order to resume trading, you need to restart EA. If MaxDD is set to 0, this option is disabled.
    MaxDDPerCent: The same as MaxDD, but in percents of the account balance. E.g., if MaxDDPerCent =30, the trading will be stopped when the drawdown exceeds 30% of your account balance. If MaxDDPerCent is set to 0, this option is disabled.
    BasketStopLoss: The StopLoss level of the whole basket (in standard, 4-digits pips). The distance of BasketStopLoss pips is counted from the last grid level of the basket. So, if EA has opened the maximal allowed number of grid levels and after that the price moved BasketStopLoss pips against the basket, EA will close the basket in loss. Note that EA will not modify the stoplosses of individual orders; it will just close all orders when the price reaches the prescribed level. If BasketStopLoss is set to 0, this option is disabled.
    UseMultiCurrency (TRUE/FALSE): switches on/off the Multicurrency feature. The Multicurrency feature checks the number of trading pairs (pairs, for which there are open orders) and the total open drawdown on the trading account. If the number of pairs or the drawdown reaches the prescribed value, opening a new basket will be blocked. Information box of EA shows the label “Flag_Stop_Global is set” in this case.
    MaxInstruments: the maximal number of currency pairs that can be traded simultaneously.
    MaxDD_Stop: Maximal open drawdown (in %) for which a new basket can be started.
    MaxDD_Release: If opening of a new basket was blocked, trading will be resumed when the open drawdown reaches this value.

For example, MaxDD_Stop = 10, MaxDD_Release = 5. When drawdown reaches 10%, opening of a new basket is blocked. Drawdown needs to recede to 5% for the normal trading to be resumed.

New version will take over all opened orders. You can just remove the previous version from the chart and attach the new version. If you use custom settings, make sure to load the same settings into the new version.

Please update your EA within 4 weeks, as the old version will be expire after that.

Последнее редактирование: 5 Декабрь 2014
  9. bellduke

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    TT.jpg

kosmoflot и Dmitri нравится это.
  10. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    These new settings seems very interesting and i have some questions:
    As for TT FX 2K if i understand good it can trades the range startegy on 10 crosspairs and the Maxinstruments by default is set to 3, so the EA can open trades only on max 3 crosses at the same time. If i use the EA on a bigger account (for example 10K euros) instead to let the EA to ricalculate the starting lot size (not 0.01 but for example 0.05 since the balance if 5 time bigger) would be better to to leave the starting lotsize always at 0.01 (and is this possible?) but increasing the number of pairs that can be traded simultaneously (for eaxample all 10)? u think this could be a good idea or would be better to rise the starting lotsize and to run always not more than 3 pairs at the same time? Also, since i am already a customer (i have bought Fx Splitter) what will be the price for me of Tricky Twister? Thanks in advance

11. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    There is no clear answer to your question. Multicurrency features cannot be backtested in MT4, so all we have is more or less hand-waving arguments.
    If your deposit is 4k or larger, it seems reasonable to increase the max. number of pairs from 3 to 6 and decrease the starting lot by factor of 2 or so.
    This should reduce the risks but also somewhat reduce the profitness, I expect.
    In order to decrease the lot size by two, just _increase_ AutoMMEquity_2 by 2 (instead of 2k put 4k).
    Concerning the price, ask support.

12. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Bought also Tricky twister and running it live with FX 2K settings but with more conservative settings (0.01 each 9 k balance). Started my tick data BTs that i will post. Once finished i will increase to 0.01 every 5 k balance (i am conservative and think that 0.01 every 2 k will lead to very good gains, but i prefer to stay more safe). I like a lot the settings of this EA and looks great. My compliments to the developer (like also Warrior and i i will earn 10 K fro Splitter and TT will buy also it and will run live)

13. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Strange, on my account with setting FX 2 K i have a 2 level NZCAD short and a 2 level AUDCAD short, and that is normal since the conditions are met (the distance from the MA), but strangely i do not see these trades on your account:
    Maybe is not updated?

14. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Do not know, we'll have to check.

15. bellduke

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    It's okay, at different brokers are not always open the same transaction

FX01 нравится это.
  16. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Ok many thanks.

17. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I was watching on Forexverified they are running a very nice demo test on the CAD pairs with Tricky Twister:

They have earned in 12 months a 151% and had a DD of 40%
    I see that they started the demo running 3 pairs (AUDCAD, GBPCAD and USDCAD) with only 10 k usd. It is enough 10 k to run 3 pairs, also if the range sets are safer? if not what is the recommended minimum capital? because i think that these range sets are very interesting (also AUDNZD and EURGBP). Thanks in advance

18. loopsider

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    The recommended MM for the range sets is 5k *(number of pairs), minimum 10k. So they are trading with slightly higher risks than recommended.
    The last half a year was very quiet for range strategies, no drawdown but also low profits. For the remaining summer I guess it is likely to stay that way. One may slightly increase risks for that time.

19. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Many thanks. At the moment running FX 2 K sets with low risk profile (0.01 x 10 k) to familiarize with the EA and already closed some baskets. But i think that the range sets are very interesting, for example using some not correlated pairs (AUDCAD + EURGBP or others).

20. FX01

FX01 Постоялец Аргонавт

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I am very interested in the range settings and in particular to the following ur account:

It trades EURGBP, AUDCAD and NZDUSD (maybe the better of the ranging pairs). But i do not understand why the starting lotsize for AUDNZD is 0.14, for AUDCAD is 0.28 and for EURGBP is 0.10. If i watch at the profits column in correlation to the pips column the account seems to be a standard account, not a cent account. Why the starting lotsize is so high?

Поделиться этой страницей

translate